- Monday: My Future Matters - Stay Drug Free! - Wear college/junior high/high school T-shirts
- Tuesday: It's Crazy to do Drugs! - Wear crazy socks and hats
- Wednesday: Cowboy up Against Drugs - Wear cowboy boots, denim plaid and cowboy hats
- Thursday: Being Drug Free is no "Sweat" - Wear sweatpants or warm-ups to school
- Friday: McCall Colts are Drug Free - Wear a McCall Spirit shirt or something red
WHAT IS RED RIBBON WEEK? It is an ideal way for people and communities to unite and take a visible stand against drugs. Show your personal commitment to a drug-free lifestyle through the symbol of the Red Ribbon.
WHY? The Red Ribbon Campaign® was started when drug traffickers in Mexico City murdered DEA agent Kiki Camarena in 1985. This began the continuing tradition of displaying Red Ribbons as a symbol of intolerance towards the use of drugs. The mission of the Red Ribbon Campaign® is to present a unified and visible commitment towards the creation of a DRUG - FREE AMERICA.
WHO? National Family Partnership is the sponsor of the National Red Ribbon Week® Celebration. We are helping citizens across the country come together to keep children, families and communities safe, healthy and drug-free, through parent training, networking and sponsoring the National Red Ribbon Campaign® .
WHY SUPPORT THE NATIONAL THEME? A theme unifies each year’s campaign and helps to broadcast one message, creating a tipping point to change behavior. HOW? Plan a Red Ribbon celebration. Order and display Red Ribbon materials with the National Red Ribbon Theme. Proceeds from the sale of Red Ribbon theme merchandise helps support prevention programs across America. Order for your family, students, staff, patients, employees and customers and encourage them to wear the red ribbon symbol during Red Ribbon Week®.