2018-2019 McCall PTA's Accomplishments
McCall PTA strives to provide high quality enrichment programs to our students, support teachers/staff with classroom materials to support learning, and provide community inclusive programs and events to McCall families in our surrounding neighborhoods. Your support is the key to our school's success!!
Once again, it has been a GREAT year for McCall PTA! We cannot thank you enough for all the monetary and material donations, as well as the volunteers' time and effort to make this a fruitful year for McCall PTA!!! We have the largest PTA membership to date with 319 members!!! We raised over $28000 this year and were able to support the students and teachers in a variety of ways. Below is a list of our accomplishments. Because of you, McCall PTA is able to sponsor this overwhelming list of events, materials, and programs to our students, faculty, and parents. Thanks to all for your support to our school, students, and PTA!!!
- Membership is at a record high of 319 members and the largest student PTA we have had yet!
- We raised over $28,000!!!! We spent over $37000 including funds from the surplus of 2017-2018.
- We spent $13,660 from the surplus from last year on a variety of Campus initiatives including iStation and iStation incentives, 30 pedometers and a wireless hub for fitness, recess equipment, buddy bench, 80 chairs for school events, and a few other classroom supplies/materials.
- We have had a great turnout from our families for our events including Multicultural Night and the Color Run, Spring Dance, and Summer Picnic.
- We have been able to support our teachers with over $2700 in classroom supplies for K-5, specials, special education, reading specialist, and counselor.
- We've had some amazing hospitality events including Grandparents Day, teacher appreciation with yummy food and treats, and Summer Picnic.
- The transition to online Spirit Wear was a success!
- McCall PTA provided funds for all field trips, the 5th grade bowling party, the assembly with Youth Motivational Speaker, Blake Brandes. PTA programs also supported Ms. Colquitt with funds for Red Ribbon week, assisted with after school programs including Chess and Astronomy clubs, and brought a Fall session of Young Rembrandt's.
- This was the first year to do a monthly newsletter which has been a great addition to our communication.
- Spirit Nights raised over $1000.
- Painless fundraising made over $3200.
- Fall and Spring Book Fair were a great success! Students got lots of great books and we made a little over $2300 (net profit) for Fall and were able to take all scholastic dollars for the Spring ($7000) which can used for books and classroom materials.
- We were able to help support the Robotics Club with money towards their t-shirts.
- Movie Night was another success!
- Class parties: we have great coordinators who work hard to make these fun for students and easy for teachers!
- The new fence and gate for the school garden were completed and students learned all about planting fall/spring vegetables and flowers, and there is a new shed!
- Second year for the online silent auction and it was great! Raising over $4000!!!
- All students were provided a Field Day t-shirt thanks to our great fundraising!
- The Yearbook is amazing! And we are in our second year of the online ordering platform.
- Thanks to our amazing fundraising we were able to offer school supplies at cost- no markup for our great McCall families!!
- End of year parties and the 5th grade graduation party were a huge success!
- Highest fundraising year to date!!!!!