B3 ArKIDtect Super Structures - For K-5th graders
Test materials, meet design constraints, and dream up amazing structures using a variety of different materials like cardboard, paper, straws, wood, candy, LEGO bricks, Etc. Learn about Greek architecture, design a column, design a temple and test for strength, create a LEGO structure that incorporates elements of architecture design an earthquake-proof building, bridges, build super cool straw roller coasters, and much more!
- Tuesdays @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- 2/4/2020 ~ 4/21/2020 (10 classes. No class on 3/10/2020 and 4/7/2020)
- $155 per student.
- Limited to 20 students only.
- Register and pay online : Bricks, Bots, and Beakers - Allen/Frisco/Plano/McKinney
- Questions ? Contact : Radhika Tatineni at email@example.com
- BRICKS = Engineering and building activities for kids from age 3 through middle school. While we offer lots of classes that feature LEGO bricks our programs are not limited to LEGO materials. We explore and utilize all sorts of systems and materials to teach concepts of engineering, design and building. From step by step building classes for kids who like structure, to creative open ended classes for kids who like to explore, our programs appeal to all learners.
BOTS = The field of robotics and programming for children from pre-k through middle school is exploding and you can be a part of that wave! Coding comes naturally to children through the authentic, real world application of programming robots. Young brains are “wired” for language acquisition which includes technical languages as well as foreign languages.
- BEAKERS = Hands on science through Gross Out Chemistry, Elementary Entomology, Potions Lab, Forensic Mysteries and more! Science, the first word in the acronym STEM is often overlooked by many others is our field, not at B3! We take a deep dive into this critical first piece of STEM.