Challenge Island will spend 1 day at McCall in 45 minute segments on Wednesday, May 25th, 2016 with each grade level. We need your help to make this a successful event for our students!!!
Material Donations Information
- K &1st - DOTS
- Students will understand the importance of design in strengthening a bridge.
- Students will grasp why triangles are the “strongest” shape and how they are used by civil engineers in bridge building.
- 2nd & 3rd - Roller Coaster
- Students will learn about the physics of roller coasters through hands on activities.
- Students will apply the steps on the Challenge Island Totem Pole to a variety of roller coaster-related challenge
- 4th and 5th - Anaconda
- Students will learn about the Anaconda snakes that live in the rain forest and the way they squeeze their prey.