Where does the money go?
McCall PTA has a difficult task every year to raise several thousand dollars to enrich the educational experience for our children, but do you know what the money is spent on? As a non-profit organization, McCall PTA has to spend the money earned. We aim to provide all of the items listed; however, our budget has to be adjusted if we do not meet our fundraising goals. If you want to have input on where the money is spent, please volunteer for a Board Position.
- This includes all the wonder events and activities sponsored by the PTA. We are always working hard to bring more programs and activities to McCall if/when we have the funds! See bottom of this page for lists of programs the PTA has sponsored in the past.
- Field Day T Shirts and other expenses
- Student planners provided to 1st-5th grades
- Classroom resources and supplies
- Art, Music, P.E./Fitness, ESL, Special ED supplies and equipment
- Food, drinks, and activities for 3 Class Parties : Winter Parties, Valentine's Parties, End-of-Year Parties
- Dues to PTA organization
- Liability Insurance
- Websites fees
- Online transaction and PayPal/Credit Card fees
- Leadership Training
- Lifetime Memberships
2016-2017 PTA Sponsored Field Trips and ProgramS
Field Trips : $6000
- Kinder: Legoland Discovery Center
- 1st Grade: Heritage Farmstead Museum
- 2nd Grade: Texas Discovery Gardens
- 3rd Grade: Heard Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary
- 4th Grade: Enterprise City
- 5th Grade: Frontiers of Flight Museum
- BMX Stunt Show (February): An exciting show performed by the world-class Perfection On Wheels Bicycle Stunt Team with an ideal anti-bullying message. Students were treated to incredible tricks and breathtaking stunts to capture their attention and imagination.
- Shakespeare on the Go by Shakespeare Dallas for 2nd-5th Grades (March): A 50-minute program focused on Shakespeare’s use and invention of language. For grades 2nd-5th, along with a excerpt of the play "A Midsummer's Night Dream".
- Dallas Arboretum in Wishing for Wings or Kinder-1st Grades (April): Wishing for Wings brings the story of metamorphosis to life. Children will learn about insect characteristics, living and non-living things, their basic needs and the unique stages of the butterfly life cycle. Larger than life models, a puppet show, props and costumes make this an interactive experience students won’t forget!
- Muffins with Moms (May)
- Movie Nights